Author Topic: Suggestions for 4th world  (Read 3872 times)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Suggestions for 4th world
« on: 16 December 2014, 16:07:04 »
It is no secret that work on the fourth world is in full swing. Now we know that it will be the world under the ground - a large cave.

In this topic, you can express any ideas that come to your mind.

We can share with you some of our sketches:

New resources:
  • gunpowder;

Flora:
  • giant mushrooms;
  • giant roots in blocks of land;
  • ordinary bushes overgrown back wall blocks;
  • some plant - the source of berries and leaves - bindweed (vine) at the rear;

Fauna:
  • slugs;
  • mole - a source of skins;
  • giant caterpillar -> case-worm (wool) -> Butterfly (paint);
  • Underground partridge (chitin, eggs, feathers);

monsters:
  • Ghosts, mites, cave spirits, ants, spiders, maggots and giant worms, dragons, beholders, keepers;
  • orc tribes;
  • Goblin tribes;

New items:
  • Set chitin armor;
  • firearms - pistol.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2015, 12:18:46 by Annieway »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 4th world
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2014, 01:06:55 »
gunpowder? does that mean we get cannon-towers and explosives for "fast-mining & fishing" too?
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2014, 10:47:58 »
No, this is for guns  :)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2014, 21:36:06 »
that was a suggest ;)

Imagine like have to place dynamite in a tunnel, have to seal tunnel with some dirt or stone and then trigger the placed explosives on click (like opening a door by user) 

The effect were somewhat similar to magic explosion but not in exact the same pattern, more like how many foreground-blocks surround the dynamite and how durable the surrounding blocks are - the more walls around the more pressure it will build up into directions where weaker foreground-walls are, if dynamite not enclosed from all sides the blast will be fruitless concerning mining and only damage creatures & dwarves in open direction nearby - i think you know what i mean, so player has to plan his explosions carefully.

Also fishing: let dwarf place dynamite (not enclosed by walls) onto a block that is adjacent to some fish & water-containing area and the blast will "kill" all fishes in a certain distance so the fish only has to be collected. Other creatures or dwarves near the blast will get damaged of course, use carefully...

And cannons i imagine could use up a lot of iron, damage multiple enemies at once (high collateral damge) so of not much use for single enemies but for the masses (as fireball), but more durable than tesla or arrow-tower if under attack.
Perhaps user has to click or enable the cannon to fire at all and each shot will cost one "cannon-round" (cannonball, some gunpowder, a rope and a torch) from the stockpile. If no rounds/bullets available, cannon can not be used
« Last Edit: 19 December 2014, 21:43:25 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

yariel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2015, 23:03:55 »
hmm, I wonder if there's story mode latter and there's Elf too ...
might start as enemy and become ally latter ...
also ...
I think gunpowder should be able to get more variation of use ...
trap, bomb, etc ...
« Last Edit: 04 February 2015, 19:15:31 by yariel »

efoss

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2015, 01:42:42 »
How about, pools and flowing rivers of lava! It would use the same kind of system as water to roll down hill. But it would hurt dwarves and critters that touch it, and destroy objects unless they're made of fireproof material. It should also light up the area with a red tint. Instead of evaporating, it could harden into rock when separated from its pool.

I know this idea is a rip-off of a feature in another related game, but it would fit really well into an underground level in Craft the World...