Author Topic: v 1.0, issues  (Read 21301 times)

Archetype

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: v 1.0, issues
« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2015, 23:50:45 »

The number of monsters in the wave depends on how well you reflect the waves before.
If, during the waves of monsters or between them your dwarves died, the number of monsters in the wave will be less.
If you will be well to reflect waves of monsters, the number of monsters in the next wave will increase.

That's whack... Why not rather just tech level? That would be gloriously effective and somewhat in line with normal RPGs. Anybody here ever play Hellgate London? They also made an attempt to scale game difficulty to player performance and that game is still legendary for how much that mechanic was loathed.

So if I keep 2 dwarfs unequipped and unskilled at all times and sacrifice them in between waves to the lesser waves then the game wave difficulty will stay very simple. That's really the only choice one has. I cannot say I like it much at all. Not very RPG when you have only one real choice (a rather poor one)

I did not even build pits and crap like some players exploiting game mechanics. In my last game all I had is some wood cages. Some wood spikes and traps. My dwarfs are all equipped as well as possible at my tech level + 1x mithril helm and skilled up as far as possible. And I got to lvl11 with minimal casualty apart from several unfortunate incidents where a dwarf or two froze while battling frostlings.

And then boom. Can of whup-ass for my efforts. Wham bam, thank you mam, you are now the proud owner of a new one. Though shalt not excel! No time to adjust to increased difficulty. No indication that difficulty wave to expext. Just one wave = manageable and the next totally, moronically difficult. No clue why until somebody in the know tells you that if you play well enough you will be effed up but good.

And on that note. How much extra damage do dwarfs do when they have for example a lvl30 archer skill with a long bow? How much HP do monsters have? How much armor/magic resistance do monsters have?

A little RPG feedback? Maybe?... Or is it all hidden to obscure the obscure balancing mechanisms?

Look I know its not my game. But dang!
« Last Edit: 27 February 2015, 00:08:16 by Archetype »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2015, 12:37:02 »

And on that note. How much extra damage do dwarfs do when they have for example a lvl30 archer skill with a long bow? How much HP do monsters have? How much armor/magic resistance do monsters have?

A little RPG feedback? Maybe?... Or is it all hidden to obscure the obscure balancing mechanisms?

Look I know its not my game. But dang!
His damage will be increased by 30%.
How much HP monters have you can see in Wiki http://crafttheworld.gamepedia.com/Creatures
Only two mosters have armor and magic resistance - this guy and this

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 March 2015, 18:48:12 »
Removing mine-cart while a dwarf is waiting for it results in different weird behaviour.

- If the dwarf is not in the cart yet he'll wait forever for the cart he ordered.

- If the dwarf is already in the cart, he'll show the sitting-in-cart-animation but there's no cart below him and he's not moving.  Also the carts spark animation keeps on playing forever then.

In both cases dwarf does not respond until take manual control and try to place some item.

playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2015, 13:50:13 »
well, we'll have that in mind.

salling

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 March 2015, 02:32:37 »
after the lastest update i havnt being able to start the game from Steam

i have tried uninstalling the game and that do not work.
please help me get back in this nice game

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2015, 10:24:34 »
after the lastest update i havnt being able to start the game from Steam

i have tried uninstalling the game and that do not work.
please help me get back in this nice game

Describe, please, your problem in more details.

salling

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2015, 13:41:28 »
when i start the game throught steam ill get the steam starting game box for 2 or 3 sec when nothing happens .. no startup no error box or anything
in steam there is a short blue text next to Crafft the world name something like synkronicening or something like that
all my other steam games are working just fine

i gamning on a laptop with win 8.1 and at the same time as update for CTW i got a win update

« Last Edit: 28 March 2015, 13:53:53 by salling »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 March 2015, 10:41:37 »
when i start the game throught steam ill get the steam starting game box for 2 or 3 sec when nothing happens .. no startup no error box or anything
in steam there is a short blue text next to Crafft the world name something like synkronicening or something like that
all my other steam games are working just fine

i gamning on a laptop with win 8.1 and at the same time as update for CTW i got a win update
can't understand, the game is not running?

salling

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 March 2015, 14:54:42 »
nope i try to start the game but it dont start

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 March 2015, 15:55:40 »
nope i try to start the game but it dont start
Try to delete the game and reinstall again, the saves will be alright.

salling

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 March 2015, 16:00:30 »
ill tried that three times without any change

just tried again and still dont start
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 16:03:01 by salling »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 March 2015, 16:25:42 »
ill tried that three times without any change

just tried again and still dont start

"something like synkronicening or something like that" is this text shows you all the time? or only when you trying to launch the game?

salling

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 March 2015, 16:27:00 »
only after trying to start the game

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 March 2015, 17:52:28 »
The game was working earlier or not? And from which update this starting to happen?

salling

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 March 2015, 18:07:13 »
the game worked before 1.0011