Author Topic: Craft The World suggestions  (Read 42654 times)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: Craft The World suggestions
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2015, 16:26:26 »
• add skeleton-mages (in some ripped cowl-cloth with a hood perhaps) to the waves above level 10. 

Strength/size equal to the skeleton-shielders

Skeleton-mages could have the freezing-spell (limited amount of ice-arrow-elexir,  cool-down-time!) and some simple, weaker spark-spell for unlimited usage.

could drop a skeleton-version of the simple mages staff, bones, ice-arrow-elexir, mana-elexir or just the empty bottle if already used.
Also the skeleton-mages could cast some "circle of death" around themselves which lowers damage to all undead within the circles radius.

but to equalize/ give the player a chance:

• change health-elexir-effect (if casted by dwarf- not if used by player) to heal all dwarves in a certain radius and to damage undead (zombies, skeletons and mummies only - not damage the beholders, not damage gargoyles)

• for the waves: the number the mobs increase with the time has to be adjusted - so if a new additional red portal opens, the number of monsters coming out of a portal has to be lowered again slightly - around level 13 the amount of monsters explodes and it becomes impossible to kill them all because lack of time / not enough dwarves to kill them all/ can only fight at one side of the shelter at the same time

currently the waves are in level 9 to 11 a little to weak, so from first portal it could increase the number a little faster, around 12 level when 2nd red portal opens is ok, but if 3rd/4th/5th red portal opens the amount of monsters becomes to high soon- it's not that my dwarves would die because of that - it's simply undoable if there are like 20.000 health-points to erase and all 13 dwarves together can do like 13.000 for the duration of the wave so it's impossible to get the bonus.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2015, 17:20:20 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

yariel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2015, 18:29:31 »
I want to suggest about naming / Creating newcomer dwarf ...
The Dwarf which come shouldn't get same name which already you have before ...
In my gameplay, I have MULTIPLE same name dwarf ... this is really confusing me ...
The creating of newcomer dwarf :
- Name (generated at first but player can edit it)
- Equipment (have certain basic equipment depend at your current level)
- Skill (can choose the 1st skill, or have 30 Point to spent, each new skill cost 10)
that will become kinda like QFG ...

• add skeleton-mages (in some ripped cowl-cloth with a hood perhaps) to the waves above level 10. 

Strength/size equal to the skeleton-shielders

Skeleton-mages could have the freezing-spell (limited amount of ice-arrow-elexir,  cool-down-time!) and some simple, weaker spark-spell for unlimited usage.

could drop a skeleton-version of the simple mages staff, bones, ice-arrow-elexir, mana-elexir or just the empty bottle if already used.
Also the skeleton-mages could cast some "circle of death" around themselves which lowers damage to all undead within the circles radius.

but to equalize/ give the player a chance:

• change health-elexir-effect (if casted by dwarf- not if used by player) to heal all dwarves in a certain radius and to damage undead (zombies, skeletons and mummies only - not damage the beholders, not damage gargoyles)
I'd want our mage become some kind of cleric or priest which might have certain aura effect too in fight ...
or the player themself have extra "holy" spell ...
(but we need to fix what potion can be access ed and when by mage, the AI still kind of bad) ...
Warding totem or such will be nice too against skeleton and ghost ...
(can't affect non undead type tough)

• for the waves: the number the mobs increase with the time has to be adjusted - so if a new additional red portal opens, the number of monsters coming out of a portal has to be lowered again slightly - around level 13 the amount of monsters explodes and it becomes impossible to kill them all because lack of time / not enough dwarves to kill them all/ can only fight at one side of the shelter at the same time

currently the waves are in level 9 to 11 a little to weak, so from first portal it could increase the number a little faster, around 12 level when 2nd red portal opens is ok, but if 3rd/4th/5th red portal opens the amount of monsters becomes to high soon- it's not that my dwarves would die because of that - it's simply undoable if there are like 20.000 health-points to erase and all 13 dwarves together can do like 13.000 for the duration of the wave so it's impossible to get the bonus.
I agree with this ... very overwhelming latter ... (too much actually)
to the point I want to STOP or REDUCE my own level ...
(heck, 20 Dwarf at max level can't do too much against that many)
I wonder if there will be a way to do this ...
(the scale of hardness is just too much latter)

I suggest Grim Reaper NPC which will kill newest Dwarf and reduce your level by one ...
(will trade it for 10 Coins or so)

Also I suggest "Enemies Gate Point" :
at Lv5, there's 500 Gp ...
each enemy comes out will reduce the number ...
50 - Zombie
75 - Big Zombie
50 - Skeleton
75 - Skeleton with Shield
50 - Skeleton Builder
150 - Giant Skeleton
150 - Beholder
300- Gargoyle Raid (8 each)
and when the number emptied, the gate will close ...
(please limit the early level enemies appearance, At one time Lv 6, I get 2 Beholder and 2 Giant Skeleton which kill my gameplay)

When the gate become many, the number get divided / shared, so at Lv 12, there will be 1200 Gp, and when the number emptied, all gates will close ...
Might get increase by 200 at certain level, like in 12 (1200+200=1400)
this Gp can also applied in Difficulty setting ...
Very Easy - 50%
Easy - 75%
Normal - 100% etc ... I think this will be very useful in gameplay setting ...

I also suggest "Enforce Gate Closure" spell which damage Gp ...
Each cast cost 20 Mp but damage 200 Gp, with this you can close the raid, but it will be very costly in Mana consumption ... (not everybody loves this raid so I'd rather get hard gameplay to create lots of Mana Potion instead)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Specialized Skill Effect" Suggestion ...
Warrior - Beside increased damage, attack skill, there's a low chance they use special attack (at Max skill, the chance is 10% ... extreme strong attack in just one block area, might damage all stacked enemies at that spot, also might damage and destroy backwall too)
Archer - Same as Fighter, Piercing arrow which can even pass wall and other thing, the wall get damaged tough)
Mage - Increase damage and effect from spell, this including their basic lightning spell (Also I suggest Staff and other weaponry increase respective skill too), Mage existence also increase player mana regeneration pace.

Climber - also faster climb speed.
Hunter - increase percentage of item drop (from killing thing including enemy)
Logger - increase percentage of item drop (from cutting tree)
Miner - increase percentage of item drop (from digging block)
Swimmer - Faster swim, hold breath longer, (and reduce some underwater penalty)

Carpenter - very rarely reduce few material usage when working, also low chance to increase wood drop.
(ex: from 5 material, rarely one of it get spared, at 100 skill the chance is 10%)
Cook - very rarely reduce few material usage when working, also low chance to increase meat and egg drop from creature killed.
Miller - very rarely reduce few material usage when working, also also low chance to increase Wheat harvest.
Smith - very rarely reduce few material usage when working, also increase extra drop from metal block
Fisher - extra fish or material can be found, (mostly just water tough, unless the maker add other thing, like shell, seaweed, algae, etc ...)

^^ with that, the gamer will actually enjoy all skill more (and more confused which skill should get choose) this also good for doing combo skill, like Carpenter+Logger,  Archer/Warrior+Hunter, etc ...^^
(I REALLY SUGGEST MILLER GET SOMETHING ELSE TO MILL TOUGH, that skill only for making 1 item, and it still VERY slow)
Ex :
Bones > Bone Dust
Bone+Fish+Zombie Brain >> Fertilizer
Metal (Iron, Silver, Gold, etc) >> Metal (Iron, Silver, Gold, etc) Dust
(Blue,Red,Dark,Green,Purple,Quartz,Pink,Needle) Crystal + Gold >> Rainbow Dust
Glass >> Glass Dust
^^ might be useful for Enchantment material ^^
« Last Edit: 21 January 2015, 00:47:29 by yariel »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2015, 17:21:49 »
...I REALLY SUGGEST MILLER GET SOMETHING ELSE TO MILL TOUGH, that skill only for making 1 item, and it still VERY slow...

Guess the mill can be used to make gunpowder in the future...

I'd rather suggest to introduce some new "farmer"-skill,
then cutting wheat for example does not skill the miners and the miners skill does not increase to fast since cutting wheat is only one hit...

cutting wool & wheat, placing trap/making trap empty and also planting wheat then could increase the farmers skill.
Perhaps farmers can have a unique ability to plant cones in forest & frost-world to grow pine-trees, plant apples in forest world only to grow apple-trees and  plant coconuts in desert-world for palm-trees.
It should require a farmer-skill like more than 40 or 50 points (or make it straight 100!) to be able to plant trees at all then and of course only possible to plant trees at top-surface-earth ( there must be NOTHING placed above) - no other dwarf might be able to plant trees.

And for a farmer could be some reg or sickle that goes into the special-item-slot.

Perhaps cutting wheat at all should require a scythe or a sickle in stockpile like fishing requires a fishing-rod, shearing wool requires scissors or collecting water needs buckets.

PS. there's a minor bug in fishing, means if i have only ONE fishing-rod but mark two spots in the same lake for fishing- sometimes TWO dwarves go fishing and both have a rod- so the count of available fishing-rods does not have any effect- need only one. But could be this is some result of the multiple sent-out dwarves for the same task.
 But how can both dwarves pick up some rod from stockpile before going to catch fish at all?
« Last Edit: 22 January 2015, 18:09:13 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Slauq

• Developer
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2015, 12:10:04 »

PS. there's a minor bug in fishing, means if i have only ONE fishing-rod but mark two spots in the same lake for fishing- sometimes TWO dwarves go fishing and both have a rod- so the count of available fishing-rods does not have any effect- need only one. But could be this is some result of the multiple sent-out dwarves for the same task.
 But how can both dwarves pick up some rod from stockpile before going to catch fish at all?
This is some kind of magic, I guess :)

Green11ndy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2015, 07:31:54 »
Hello, I have been playing your game for a while now, and although I have put countless hours into the game.. I still feel it can be improved. So I asked around my local community and was able to compile a small list of ideas that we feel could improve the game. We only ask you to look at them and consider them thoroughly.

- Guns (Blunderbuss, Boom-stick, etc..) More damage and range but slow reload

- More monsters (Same ones over and over get boring)

- Sky islands

- Underground dungeons with good loot

- Unique items

- Weapons built with parts (Mix/Match) build hilts and blades and other such to combine

- More skills (Builders, runners, etc)

- Bigger maps (Maybe full circle)

- Warnings (need more notifications for when stuff is happening)

- Auto do (assign a dwarf to automatically cut down trees and other)

- Extended Research

- An actual Campaign

- Multiplayer: Co-op, Dwarf vs Dwarf battles, One player is the dwarves and the other player controls monsters! Or one player is the goblins and control them like dwarves.. something like that..

- Dwarf grouping (Control small groups of dwarves instead of all at same time, so that some can defend while others stay working) 

- Objectives/Challenges (after building a house it’s mostly just finish research)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2015, 11:16:08 »
Hello, I have been playing your game for a while now, and although I have put countless hours into the game.. I still feel it can be improved. So I asked around my local community and was able to compile a small list of ideas that we feel could improve the game. We only ask you to look at them and consider them thoroughly.

- Guns (Blunderbuss, Boom-stick, etc..) More damage and range but slow reload

- Sky islands

- Underground dungeons with good loot

- Unique items

- Weapons built with parts (Mix/Match) build hilts and blades and other such to combine

- More skills (Builders, runners, etc)

- Bigger maps (Maybe full circle)

- Warnings (need more notifications for when stuff is happening)

- Auto do (assign a dwarf to automatically cut down trees and other)

- Extended Research

- An actual Campaign

- Multiplayer: Co-op, Dwarf vs Dwarf battles, One player is the dwarves and the other player controls monsters! Or one player is the goblins and control them like dwarves.. something like that..

- Dwarf grouping (Control small groups of dwarves instead of all at same time, so that some can defend while others stay working) 

- Objectives/Challenges (after building a house it’s mostly just finish research)

Thank, you. Some of your ideas will be in the next world already:
- Guns
- Sky islands
- Unique items

ReneMiner

• View Profile
suggestions for teleporting
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2015, 14:22:16 »
Since the map-generation change lately (v 1.0.004 or v 1.0.005 i think) there are many "natural" shafts that lead very deep down. Also there are a few caves - all ok with them.

But: Using magic light player can pretty fast enlighten all the way down to the more valuable resources as gold, mithril & crystals.

The game-pace rapidly changed too since the map-generation changed and if use portal-spell to some cave with some valuable ores i can dig my first silver, gold & mithril as early as never before, so in sandbox-mode the next tools crafted after stone-tools are now made of: Mithril!

I think it's ok to have these many deep shafts- especially because the underground larvas ("maggots") are more challenging now, as well as giant ants.

My idea is to modify the portal spell a little that it can only be used on surface to any location -
but underground, (where the dark 3rd backwall is), the portal spell should only be allowed to cast at locations that have been visited by a dwarf before.

more teleporting:

In large maps the rails & elevators are simply not adequate and don't serve the needs in later game. Crafteable teleporters might be an alternative. Player places at least 2 of them onto the map and dwarves can use these to fast travel betweeen the placed teleporters.

Enemies might destroy teleporter as doors, if removing teleporter from map it might lose parts of the resources.
Of course it would be "magic-high-tech" = very late in tech-tree, probably not available in shop...

« Last Edit: 12 February 2015, 14:29:56 by ReneMiner »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2015, 12:44:28 »
About nerfing portals. We think that the most players will not support you, because this is not hardcore game.
So the idea is nice and logical, but we will implement it only in the high difficulty settings.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2015, 14:41:02 »
about portal: it might be a custom-game (sandbox)-issue only since in campaign the early mithril is of no use for the player without the technology - only the stuff from tombs as furniture etc. is in campaign of use- there it's ok.

Really a problem to me is get needles in 1st and second world because there only appear like 5 times a black fluffy in the first two hours of the game. And thereafter nevermore. So i get altogether like 15 needles, that's just enough to craft 3 labs and 36 ice potions. Thereafter i have to buy needles from shop or disassemble dwarves hats.

Centipedes/ scolopenders (see the image at reply #4 on page 1 of this thread ) could be an additional source for needles and also make the underground-living a little more dangerous.
they sting really painful...
« Last Edit: 13 February 2015, 16:39:23 by ReneMiner »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 February 2015, 16:58:59 »
Unfortunately, you are the first one who said that there is a problem with getting needles ???
If there will be more reports about this problem, I think we will find way to fix it.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 February 2015, 17:23:46 »
Unfortunately, you are the first one who said that there is a problem with getting needles ???
If there will be more reports about this problem, I think we will find way to fix it.

also that blackie thing indeed getting rare ...
it seems only appear at the dark place which YOU HAVEN'T VISIT before ...
so any artificial player made dark spot won't do ...

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 February 2015, 12:27:15 »
oh, I am very sorry.

Strange thing, we will be more attentive to this problem.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 February 2015, 18:02:55 »
small interface-idea:

in the upper left corner of the screen we see our mana and the coins that we have currently.

How about click onto that mana-symbol to show a list of available spells or just theirs symbols
maybe disable/gray them if not enough mana to cast
- so instantly can select a spell and have it on the cursor without having to pull it onto a quickslot?
(could avoid the other issue...)

And if click onto the coins - camera straight goes to the shop.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2015, 18:13:04 by ReneMiner »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 February 2015, 13:52:16 »
small interface-idea:

in the upper left corner of the screen we see our mana and the coins that we have currently.

How about click onto that mana-symbol to show a list of available spells or just theirs symbols
maybe disable/gray them if not enough mana to cast
- so instantly can select a spell and have it on the cursor without having to pull it onto a quickslot?
(could avoid the other issue...)

And if click onto the coins - camera straight goes to the shop.

Nice idea. Maybe we'll try it on PC-version.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 February 2015, 13:46:17 »
I would like to change the "miner_lamp"-behaviour (the placeable item, light) not confuse with the "miners_lamp" (special slot-item) ,
i know it needs to be added to "items.xml" and has to be flagged with a property "user_entity" and probably "staging"  so player can place and remove it like scaffolding or a beware-sign.
But that alone won't do...

Currently these "miner_lamp"s are only useful when stripmining so they'll fall with the removed block below. But stripmining only makes sense (fast) if placing 1 or 2 rows of scaffolding onto the ground else the dwarves always will lose their track when trying to walk on a block that does not exist any more.

And the "miner_lamp"s always stop falling on the scaffolding and keep sticky in place so dwarves have to remove it and place a new one. Then the advantage of the miner_lamp is ...gone... So i want it to place them myself as i do with some beware-sign or scaffolding.

Someone who knows how to?

+
Can i add some script/change parameters so the shop will be "clozed" during the night?
« Last Edit: 21 February 2015, 16:23:49 by ReneMiner »