Author Topic: Craft The World suggestions  (Read 42798 times)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Craft The World suggestions
« Reply #45 on: 20 April 2015, 11:15:48 »
I Just will give 1 Suggestions, i playing this game in costum mode all the task is completed and my dwarves can relax forever because i have so many tesla tower for guard them from monster and goblin, surely i just want to look more drama and funny moment happening in my castle can you make girl dwarves and more revreation thing for my dwarves i just want to see a funny moment or strange moment and lovely moment happening in my castle. :P
Thank you for suggestion :)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23 April 2015, 14:19:19 »
mana-regeneration-suggest:

How about ManaRegenTime influenced by totems comfort-level?

No totem = no mana-regeneration at all.
 In the beginning mana is refilled mostly if new dwarves join

Comfort 0% = 180 sec (as current)
Comfort 100% (use average of all totems) = faster regenerate, like 80 sec

Simple: every point of comfort will reduce manaRegenTime by 1 second.

Perhaps adjust to like 300 sec at 0% , -2 seconds per %-comfort so end up in best case at 100 sec if 100% comfort

comfort-balance-suggest:

lower comfort at all items (except beds) that have currently a comfort value
>= 0.4  Then  -0.1 (so 0.4 becomes 0.3, 0.5 becomes 0.4 etc.)
>= 0.8  Then  -0.2
>= 1.2  Then  -0.3

1 more exception: decorative shield can keep current value, because needs the steel sword

It's to easy to get and hold the 100% currently.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2015, 14:48:43 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23 April 2015, 14:51:12 »
mana-regeneration-suggest:

How about ManaRegenTime influenced by totems comfort-level?

No totem = no mana-regeneration at all.
 In the beginning mana is refilled mostly if new dwarves join

Comfort 0% = 180 sec (as current)
Comfort 100% (use average of all totems) = faster regenerate, like 80 sec

Simple: every point of comfort will reduce manaRegenTime by 1 second.

Perhaps adjust to like 300 sec at 0% , -2 seconds per %-comfort so end up in best case at 100 sec if 100% comfort

comfort-balance-suggest:

lower comfort at all items (except beds) that and have currently a comfort value
>= 0.4  Then  -0.1 (so 0.4 becomes 0.3, 0.5 becomes 0.4 etc.)
>= 0.8  Then  -0.2
>= 1.2  Then  -0.3

1 more exception: decorative shield can keep current value, because needs the steel sword

It's to easy to get and hold the 100% currently.
Intresting idea, but we not sure if other players will like it.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 April 2015, 15:04:25 »
4th-world-suggest:

since the pinned thread for the 4th-worlds-suggests is locked i post it here:

There could be some vines or similar plants grow downward, hanging on the bottom of floating islands.
Probably we'll need a bunch of scaffolding to get them/their fruits.

But also i would wish a similar map-layout (floating islands) for the previous worlds in custom games.

Since we now can craft coal, iron, silver, gold & mithril already, some basic alchemy could be used to craft wood from bones + something as mucus or dirt also.

« Last Edit: 27 April 2015, 15:09:42 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Seldion

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 April 2015, 05:39:59 »
I bought the game a couple of days ago and have been playing every moment I get, I enjoy it very much and theses are the suggestions I've come up with so far.

Skills, There should in my opinion, be 4 different skill sets
First Skill Set Battle, each dwarf can only be either a mage, warrior or archer.
Second Skill Set Social Skills, Things like Hunting, Milling, Carpenter and so forth should be in this set
3ed Skill Set Gathering skills as well, only allowed one, aka logging or mining.
and lastly the climbing and swimming skill should be in secondary skills and should be trainable by all dwarfs.

Another suggestion that would be nice is instead of towers and blocks (not dirt) that you place needs to repaired by a dwarf and this could add a new skill, Also it would be nice if instead of having to place the food on a table for the dwarfs to eat, the cook could instead do it.

Also it would be nice to have different armor sets, like one for the warrior, one for the archer and one for the mage, which I am sure has already been suggested, or have them drop from a dungeon or a wave? (also be nice to add longer more powerful weapons like guns, cannons or catapults, slow rate of fire, high damage but inaccurate.)

Add on)
I'd also like to see weapons and equipment to be either dropped or made with random enchants, simple ones that either improve the speed or damage or even range of the weapon.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2015, 06:01:34 by Seldion »

Seldion

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 April 2015, 06:09:57 »
Dwarf "Mages"
Dwarfs never had mages, tho they did have Rune Masters, Rune masters are like mages but instead of drawing they're power directly from mana, they would imbue runes with powerful spells that the rune master could invoke at any given time and the mana to cast these spells came from Aura crystals that they would build in mass and the rune master would attune him self to this crystal, tho in common practice, after the finding of the "Heart of the Mountain" it became common practice that many rune masters would tap into its power, tho these rune masters where called Summoners as they where able to call the very earth to do they're biding and summoned earth familiars, which where unique to each dwarf.
Not only would it allow them to summon familiars, they where able to summon the spirits and even dead corpse to the over world and bind them to a rune to use as a minion, also demons where enslaved this way as well.

Long story short, Add a late to end game "Heart of the Mountain" and earlier game "Rune Crystals" to the game for the Rune Masters, also the ability to have the Summoners, summon things as such.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 May 2015, 03:26:12 »
some small thought about the larva-creatures:

The deeper we dig, the more durable the blocks. OK for dwarves to work.

But larvae need in deep layers very very long to dig too, so the deeper  - the less dangerous they appear.
For larva the dirt-durability should work reverse or depth-dependend.
In softest dirt their current digging time seems ok,
but the deeper - the faster they should dig ...

exicore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22 May 2015, 14:01:35 »
Maybe My Suggestions Is Late So I Waiting Next Update.

-Maybe The Dwarves And Other Enemies Must Have More Artificial Intelegence And Can Do More Thing Than Work, Sleep, Talking, And Defend The Shelter.

-Dwarves Need A King To Making The Morale Of Other Dwarves Is High, A Dwarves Can Be King If He Have A Very Rare Armor And Other Stuff That Make Him Special.

-Dwarves Maybe Need A Girl, To Do A Inside Shelter Job Priority.

-Bad Dwarves Is New Enemy For Dwarves They Want To Invade And Destroy Other Dwarves For Claim The World As His Area.

Thanks For Feedback  ;D

NestorZ66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 June 2015, 14:52:12 »
Hey. I am loving this game. Thank you very much for all that time spent.

The following suggestion is a result of two separate observations I have made while playing the game.

The first is that I tend to avoid completing the game and exiting through the portal because then I loose all building progress and those skilled dwarves.

2. In the beginning, before I get good gear and a solid base, I don't care when a dwarf dies, and as a result I tend not to protect them as well as I should. Each dwarf means very little to me, and they only really begin to matters to me when they are skilled workers.

But, if we could really invest in the individual dwarves, over time and across worlds preferably, that would change things for the better. Especially so in Campaign.

Therefore, I present my

RPG-Continuity suggestion

To overcome the lack of interest in dwarves, and to make the game feel like a continuation of the last playthrough I would really like some added RPG elements. Right now, CTW it is 'just' a great builder, but it really have potential for so much more. I have three suggestions, each building on the previous one. All three is of course my preference.

Suggestion 1: Customization

As someone else have suggested, getting the option to naming dwarves before they arrive would be nice. I also would like to be given the option for further customization. This could include how they look, and letting me pick their skill/specialization before they emerge.

Suggestion 2: Carry over/Skillbuilding

Another thing I would love, which would really make Campaign far more interesting for me, would be if the dwarves from the previous world in campaign carried over, their skills remaining as before. Basically, every time you get a new dwarf, he would be imported from the last world. Equipment would of course be lost, otherwise you'd get an unfair advantage.

It would mean that the game should check the previous save, and load the dwarf.
That would make loosing a dwarf have an impact on your colony and you, due to attachment.

Suggestion 3: The Roster

The Ultimate change to an actual RPG would be, if you could make a roster of dwarves to pick from (perhaps 20 or so). You should be able to save them when they exit the portal. During play they build up their skills, and if they die, they're removed from the roster.
Each time you get a new dwarf, you should be able to pick one from the roster, or get a brand new dwarf.
It would make you able to pick the dwarves best suited to whichever world you get next, while making the loss of a dwarf matter. And it would give some continuity from game to game.

If implemented, skills books might have to be nerfed to giving smaller boosts.

ehyder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Craft The World suggestions - Crafting Tree
« Reply #54 on: 05 June 2015, 04:24:59 »
Calling all of those who love the game and are interested in providing constructive suggestions about changes to the crafting tree!

Saith Umbra and I have been collaborating on putting together a tool, and a set of suggested changes for you to use, rally around, or rail against (politely of course). If you would like to see what we have been doing, and rally or rail, we have created a set of tables representing the craft trees in Worlds 1-3 (mostly the same tree) and World 4. And one suggested, and merged, tree that we hope accommodates a lot of the changes/pain points posted in this forum.

The tables we have created are in a publicly viewable Google doc. The share permissions are set for viewing and commenting by anyone with the link. This link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRd1e_RE1wOvHfOkpumqZh2OhM1OMxQHUaLNVggdJzw/edit?usp=sharing.

An explanation of the document:
1. The first tab in the document, Reworked Crafting Tree, provides an alternative to the current crafting tree. In addition to merging the two different crafting trees we have done a lot of reconfiguring of the categories associated with comfort, since those are the items/categories that have received a lot of negative comments - and we feel your pain. Our rationale for the changes is provided at the top of this table. Please comment in that section if you have anything to add to, or disagree with, our rationale. There are notes on a few individual categories and items. We have also added a few recipe suggestions, to provide world-specific alternatives for existing items.
2. The second tab is the current crafting tree for worlds 1-3. This table has a few notes.
3. The third, and last, tab is the current crafting tree for world 4. This table has a few notes.

Please feel free to comment on our suggested tree (both in this thread and on the file) and copy the tables to your own document to play around with the crafting tree. If you notice any mistakes on the existing trees let me know and I will correct them.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 20 July 2015, 15:07:45 »
Game-mode-idea:

"Sandbox-Survival", including highscore maybe online-highscore

if a dwarf dies  then Game Over

XP = Highscore

omerekincikli

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 July 2015, 17:27:35 »
hi, you made a great game! i loved it, but please keep update the game. like new weapons,new maps,new bosses. thanks!

RamiroFX

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04 August 2015, 04:06:06 »
My suggestion is when you finish the first world in campaign mode:
*You have the possibility to keep a part of the progress of your technology tree.
*You can keep one (1) dwarf with his equipment, per level (maybe the first dwarf on the list).
*You have something that makes the game less repetitive.

Because having to complete the technology tree is really stressful when it becomes repetitive in each level of the campaign. It would be better if you keep the technology tree progress and you only have to get the material.

I asked three friends who plays this (very good)game and we all agreed that it becomes boring have to re-research all the things again. I’m almost sure that there’s many player who will like this.

Longinus

• Newcomer
  • in a gadda da vida
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04 August 2015, 06:59:59 »
*You have the possibility to keep a part of the progress of your technology tree.
*You can keep one (1) dwarf with his equipment, per level (maybe the first dwarf on the list).

Because having to complete the technology tree is really stressful when it becomes repetitive in each level of the campaign. It would be better if you keep the technology tree progress and you only have to get the material.

I asked three friends who plays this (very good)game and we all agreed that it becomes boring have to re-research all the things again. I’m almost sure that there’s many player who will like this.

+1
In the context of these ideas it seems plausible to add some transcendence to your actions during the occupation of the first worlds..  Not with the task of subtracting difficulty but adding value to the decisions for worlds that follow.

Artoriasrx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 August 2015, 05:08:31 »

I like this idea, b/c im feeling like rebuilding everything and leveling all dwarves again is repetitive. Adding some transendece to the campaing mode will be a good upgrade to the satisfaction in gameplay.

I see some sugestions in the board that want to add some "Carry Over" on passing the level, it could be Dwarf, Levels or items, one or the other i like that upgrade very much to see.

Also another option for this method is putting better secret rooms whit challenge that had an item that let you "transport" the dwarf to the next level maby?

Craft the World is a awesome game, and i expect the feedback from dev , Thanks in advance!