Author Topic: towers on bridges  (Read 1121 times)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
towers on bridges
« on: 19 December 2014, 20:50:06 »
the following applies to towers as tesla & arrow-tower:

since they drop down if placed onto a bridge and thereafter removing the bridge they stand on it's possible to place them where already other items are.

accidently removed the bridge and tesla shares place with a stockpile:

purposely multiple defense setup (arrow-towers & tesla share the place)

accidently fell down because i built another bridge underneath and the bridge where tesla intended to stand on changes to piller-layout  (see center-tesla above stockpile) now shares place with the bridge where it was supposed to stand on

for towers i'd suggest to lock the block where they stand on - or is the intention to be useable like miners lamps and to protect the mining-area?

Also if want to remove a level-3-tesla at some location where it's not needed any more to rebuild it at another spot: not possible since it does only return the resources for a level-2-tesla on deconstruction.
« Last Edit: 19 December 2014, 20:51:58 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: towers on bridges
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2014, 14:41:28 »
Yes, we know that cheat with two items in one place, but I not sure whatever we'll be fix it soon. This is not critical, and we've got a lot of more important things to fix.
Also if want to remove a level-3-tesla at some location where it's not needed any more to rebuild it at another spot: not possible since it does only return the resources for a level-2-tesla on deconstruction.
I think this is work the same rule as when you decompose the items. Some of the materials get broken/lost.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: towers on bridges
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2014, 20:17:20 »
i see.

just found out: arrow-towers can be placed anywhere into the air! they simply drop down then and might share place with something else.
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)