Author Topic: Craft The World open beta-test.  (Read 9623 times)

Bytebreaker

• Developer
  • User
    • View Profile
Craft The World open beta-test.
« on: 24 December 2014, 17:15:37 »
Dear friends!

Craft The World is available now for open beta-test.

From now, every owner of Craft The World on Steam can access the beta-test. You’ll be able to try the latest game updates, before its official release.

Attention! Beta-version saved games are incompatible with the current release version! Trying to open these saved games in current release version may cause the progress loss.

In addition to improvements of dwarf's AI and bug fixes, this update also contains animal breeding and new flying monsters.
Animal breeding
By constructing a several sections of farmer fence you create a farm in which can be placed such animals as: sheep, llamas, and all kinds of chickens. To catch animals, dwarves set the trap-cages. Sheep and llama can be shaved by using special scissors. Chicken will give you feathers and eggs.
Gargoyles
Flock of gargoyles attack fortress and dwarves from above. They become stones at sunrise.
To take a part in the beta-test click with the right mouse button at the game name in the Steam Client and select Properties menu. Then switch to the Betas tab and select crafttheworld_update_test from the list. You can switch back to the original version the same way.

We’ll be very grateful for any comments and suggestions about the noticed bugs!
« Last Edit: 24 December 2014, 17:34:34 by Annieway »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: Craft The World open beta-test.
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2014, 22:01:53 »
i just ignore the above- maybe can "moderate" it away?

i tried the beta, first world, i noticed the new "sheep" - don't drop wool on death, even if i have the scissors!
It would not make sense having to shave them alive only.

On death these animals should drop wool also (maybe need scissors - as buckets or fishing rod)
So how am i supposed to craft ropes for bows, fabrics, good beds etc.?

If have to catch them in a "trap-cage" then how shall i craft this trap-cage without having the needed ropes?

And i use to play sandbox, first world mostly. Second wave just over, have not seen any gargoyles yet...

not translated in german version:
trap cage - would be "Lebendfalle"
scissors   - "Schere"

dwarven combat behaviour on marked enemy appears better at first sight
portal-spell behaviour of dwarves works very well (go home automatic if nothing to do near portal)
:)

still unnecessary dwarves come to collect some item that has been collected already,
[ the more dwarves one has the more dwarves do this.
If have 15 dwarves 9 of them go for no purpose to some non-there-any-more-item. ref. to v 0.9.037/1.0]

hunters still "break their job" and go away while animal to hunt still alive
still dwarves try to jump places that don't exist any more (Path-Updating!!!)

:(

at the moment i can not continue to play this beta and switch back to play normal version until a new beta available.

Edit: now started new game with regular version which was updated today also - is there no more loot from goblins camp at all, not even from the goblins themselves ?
I think a little bit were adequate :(
Why should i destroy their camp then - if i leave it where it is they won't come back since they bring me nothing than trouble...
« Last Edit: 25 December 2014, 02:18:22 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 December 2014, 12:22:20 »
i just ignore the above- maybe can "moderate" it away?

i tried the beta, first world, i noticed the new "sheep" - don't drop wool on death, even if i have the scissors!
It would not make sense having to shave them alive only.

On death these animals should drop wool also (maybe need scissors - as buckets or fishing rod)
So how am i supposed to craft ropes for bows, fabrics, good beds etc.?

If have to catch them in a "trap-cage" then how shall i craft this trap-cage without having the needed ropes?

And i use to play sandbox, first world mostly. Second wave just over, have not seen any gargoyles yet...

not translated in german version:
trap cage - would be "Lebendfalle"
scissors   - "Schere"

dwarven combat behaviour on marked enemy appears better at first sight
portal-spell behaviour of dwarves works very well (go home automatic if nothing to do near portal)
:)

still unnecessary dwarves come to collect some item that has been collected already,
[ the more dwarves one has the more dwarves do this.
If have 15 dwarves 9 of them go for no purpose to some non-there-any-more-item. ref. to v 0.9.037/1.0]

hunters still "break their job" and go away while animal to hunt still alive
still dwarves try to jump places that don't exist any more (Path-Updating!!!)

:(

at the moment i can not continue to play this beta and switch back to play normal version until a new beta available.

Edit: now started new game with regular version which was updated today also - is there no more loot from goblins camp at all, not even from the goblins themselves ?
I think a little bit were adequate :(
Why should i destroy their camp then - if i leave it where it is they won't come back since they bring me nothing than trouble...

The wool doesn't drop from sheep's because fur of your sheep's not thick enough. Wait when they'll become more fluffy and then kill them.
Thank you for german translation :)
And no, there is should be loot from goblins camp...

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 December 2014, 19:04:01 »
i had the goblins yesterday appear 3 times and there were 2 times no drops from camp at all and i left the 3rd camp standing there alone.

Now i just tested it again - after reading your post, intentionally backed up before)  and destroyed the leftover 3rd  camp and all of a sudden there are drops now:
a green chair, some clay, only a few simple items, additional some of the goblins themselves drop a random item - very cool setting, i'm happy with this, the stuff found in underground tombs now becomes much more valuable to the players.

- but how is it possible to get no loot at all? Coincidence?
I suspect my versions-change the cause. Had some strange effect yesterday:

If i have a new version of the game then i start a new game of course.
But before i can do this, the game on startup loads automatic the last played game.
I think this can cause some issues if the last played game was from a previous version then.

The first game i started yesterday after uninstalling the beta ( i selected sandbox/custom) started as if i had choosen campaign ("New Task") - so i simply restarted the level instantly again from within the game - and all seemed fine. 
Probably i should have exited the game and restarted so it starts up with the correct version-settings- perhaps this the cause for no goblins loot?

You say i have to wait for fluffy sheep before i kill them. Yesterday i thought i'm stuck...
Are the scissors required then that they drop wool at all? Or can i make ropes before i've found some iron?

Maybe i can play the beta once more to find out... this time i'll start a new game after "hiding my saves in another folder"

thoughts:
...please forbid dwarves digging the block some other dwarf is standing on (or even the digging one himself) if no foreground-block nor scaffolding below the block to dig. Scaffolding on the block to dig would be accepteable too.
And forbid dwarves to jump onto a block nor to use this block to work on if another dwarf is digging this block already - except >= 2 scaffolds on the block.

Maybe it won't eliminate all the stupid actions & jumps to death since "they don't look where they are going" - they plan a route and then go as planned - even if the way changes - this leading to a lot of dwarves returning to stockpile without getting something done as well as "suicidal jumps".

Also if (blue) portal-spell expires while a dwarf is already on his way to use this - now expired - portal: the dwarf keeps standing there where the portal was and does nothing for half a minute or longer - except i take over control and instantly release him again, then he "get's an update" and starts moving again.
Dwarf could calculate how long he'll need at his current speed (luggage, beer, tea) until he reaches the portal and if he's not gonna make it in time simply don't go there - but start going if player prolongs portal spell then.

sounds:
+ to the beta:
very annoying as soon as skeletons try to break my walls - constantly sound & message "You are under attack!",
should not appear if camera on the scene already.
+ to the parcels (xmas-edition?):
if they arrive the sound is the same as on low health-warning. I always shock... Anyway you could make "low-health-warning" sound more dramatic.

priority:
the tasks near portal-spell seem to have some more priority which is very good.
Now the question, does this affect crafting-stations near the portal (never tried that) so if i cast portal near smithy then dwarves will do smithing as first?
Perhaps it could give some sign (as the "beware!"-sign to be placed by player, need only boards, wood, maybe paper) like "Contruction site" or "Dwarves at work" so if player places this somewhere dwarves will check the area near the sign as first for jobs to do & stuff to collect as they do with portal spell currently?
Could be possible to place the sign at same block as a crafting station to prioritize use of this type station then.

« Last Edit: 25 December 2014, 19:08:24 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2014, 04:15:02 »
i returned to play the beta now

-and i found some small bug, weird behaviour if have exactly the amound of needed iron to craft a pot
, even if not pot selected the 3rd piece vanishes (did not test iron trap yet... same resources & amount needed)

Edit: strange -i tried this again, used up all iron to have exact 3 pieces, and it worked as supposed.

cosmetics: (see image above)

• see the very first icon for ressources tab- same as piece of wood , i accidently tried a hundred times already to drag that icon into the grid :D
to not confuse please modify this icon (put some sand & some leaf behind the wood or something)

• look at fifth icon for the furniture-tab, shows some sofa (divan) and a LANTERN. Exactly that lantern crafteable is to find in the third tab, where mostly building-materials as walls, ladders etc. are but not where it's image is shown, so might think about another icon there too.

Something else could be better:
if message "you are/your base is under attack!" while manually controlling a dwarf and i click onto this message it should instantly release dwarf and jump to the scene of attack.   
Currently it jumps there, but not releasing the dwarf - so camera instantly jumps back.
Player now has to search all the map for the location where the attack happens. Sometimes finds this place too late then...
« Last Edit: 27 December 2014, 12:11:28 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2014, 21:35:31 »
i just had an idea concerning the farm:

it should like a table have to be filled up with grains, leaves, cones, wheat and water

Currently it's like: build them once and have infinite resources forever without having anything else to do.
I think it's a little bit overpowered now as is - but cool feature in general.

In real life it's a big responsibility to care for others lifes - that includes animals, and they want to be fed every day no matter what, ask a farmer: there's no day-off where he can relax. Lifestock means work and costs ressources in advance.

It would be a step to balance the wheat/grain if one had to care about the lifestock

Suggests:

• need food (grains, leaves, wheat, cones) - if no food, animals will starve to death eventually ( reduced/no drops then), no reproducing
• need water - if no water, animals might suffer thirst only and can give no resources as wool & eggs, no reproducing neither

• "buildings"
Add some crafteable "feeding-blocks" to the farm,
a cratch,

some watering place & stables that would be required additional to the fences to run a farm at all

-the cratch should let the player place the stuff onto as a table and has to be connected to the farm-fence - so might need one fence and some more boards & wood to craft it.

-same goes for the watering-place (no fitting image), might need a few buckets or some barrel + a piece of farm-fence

- the current suddenly appearing center-building could be some crafteable stables (3 blocks wide-, so need 3 farm-fences, above some boards & roof of leaves to craft, so we can re-use or want to craft these roofs too)

Altogether: need stables, a cratch and a watering place and have at least 3 farm-fences or more connected with them to run a farm at all
the available farm-space could be calculated from stables & fences,
it would not matter how many cratches & watering-places the player builds inbetween - just have to accept these as a connection and fence to hold the animals - but not to count these as "farm-space". The player will have to build one of each anyway to feed and water the animals. And the more he builds and also fills up then, the more time he has to do other things...

The max amount of animals (farm-space) could be depending on stables & fences (1 stable + 3 fences) to offer a certain space for animals.
Lets say 12 spaces (nice to divide) get provided by 1 stable + 3 pieces of connected fence,
 one chicken costs 2 spaces, a sheep costs 3, so can have max 4 sheep or 6 chickens or some arbitrary mixture like 2 sheep + 3 chickens to fill up these 12 spaces.
A fourth piece of fence looks nice and gives them animals more space to move, but as long as there's only 1 stable it would not provide more space...

Animals health could simply lower on hunger so player can see they have not 3 full hearts.
Injured animals should "heal" in a farm by using up food then and only animals with full health will reproduce & give ressources.

•• food-idea "extened"

sheep, lama & similar:
feed leaves, wheat, cones only

chicken & similar:
feed grains
accept some bonus-food that already exists "bucket with worms" = raise egg-production/reproduce-rate
lower the current reproducing rate + egg-laying frequency then a little

+ Translation for farm-fence to german would be "Weidezaun"

• trap-cages: could be crafteable from wood and also from iron and work similar to the normal traps only for a while/ a limited amount of uses.
Trap-cage from metal then work more often/more durable then wood. They could disappear after a few uses or after a certain amount of days, left outside to the elements, wind, rain etc. they should break apart finally one day and release the caught - but not taken care of- animal 
Limited uses approach were the easy way.
Durability-approach could add some depending on level difficulty-element:
 rain (first/third world) damages trap-cages sligthly. Snow makes higher damage & tornado would damage them additionally in 3rd world.
In any (other) world (without any weather...) there might be animals that will damage the trapcage if in trap...

...until now (first world, sandbox) no drops of chitin-armor-recipes - :(
...i discovered miners using their pickaxe to fight now- very cool :)

Gargoyles made me use underground-base-approach with open main-stockpile instead of an above-ground-house.
If have no roof, they can't attack it :D

+ just had strange behaviour of a class mage+hunter-dwarf, equipped with simplest staff
portal casted 1 block next to trap-cage
dwarf sent to kill sheep trapped in trap-cage
dwarf for longer time frequently (30 to 40 times) moving left-right next to portal at stockpile, playing "hunger!"-sound
until finally decides to walk to the trap-cage instead of using the portal next to him. I don't know if repeateable.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2014, 16:07:05 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2014, 01:26:46 »
price for steel-pickaxe in the shop is at same price as iron pickaxe now...before it was the axe :D :D :D

to farming:
 I've just sent my dwarves to kill 3 chickens in my farm. The dwarf with the heavy bow came and killed all animals except 3 (other) chickens :D
« Last Edit: 29 December 2014, 16:09:31 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2014, 11:18:31 »
one more to report: it's not just the collecting where multiple dwarves go to do the same job. Very often happens 2 dwarves dig front- & backwall if they are around the same distance of the frontwall to dig when they start going there.

Sometimes 2 dwarves try placing the same block, if one is faster then the "place-item-here"-mark becomes red,
sometimes they build both, front- & backwall at once then - mostly if both use the same elevator

This seems also to happen on hunting but with some strange side-effect:

I sent out my dwarves to kill some snails - it happened a few times today, see screenshots

The dwarf infinite plays combat animation - including weapon-hit-sounds- no more snail to hunt visible
 probably because another dwarf already killed that snail - or it vanished before it was killed - not sure about this.

Only take over manual control & instant release again to stop this. Happens really VERY OFTEN!

I suspect it's because the hunter does not give up before the animal says "stop, i'm killed!"

PS. as you see, my farm is doing great but i think it has slightly to many animals

Edit/Add:

i thought i learned from my experience...(see post above)
i felt my farm was a little overcrowded too, so once more i decided to kill a few chickens. Just when i had marked them to kill i remembered what happened yesterday and i quickly went through my dwarves (after giving kill-chicken-order) and took all ranged weapons of them - what disappointment- too late: once they decided what to do they shoot the firearrows and cast lightning-bolts with their bare hands...

Imo it's one of the biggest problems of this game that dwarves "decide" what to do and then try it with the conditions of the situation at time of their "decision"- no matter if the conditions have changed in the meantime. It should always "send a message to all dwarves" if any path-related condition changes, i.e.

- foreground block placed/removed- also leaves!
- portal spell casted
- portal spell expired !!!
- door used by player
- beware-sign placed/removed
- scaffold placed/removed

All dwarves that are on a way to somewhere should instantly plan their way new from their current position then if their way leads above or directly across the changed block

similar to equipment changes, a dwarf thats armor/weapon/tool has been changed has to re-plan his action or for example drop a few things at his current position if unequipping the fully loaded backpack or if his planned action is still|better|another way doable with his changed equipment.
This probably could also solve the wrong-tool/weapon-usage-animation-glitch

« Last Edit: 29 December 2014, 15:57:34 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2014, 23:10:27 »
after more than 20 hours in game started & played with v 1.003b, sandbox, normal difficulty:

The amount of gargoyles that appear from portals is simply too high, compared to all other challenges of the game it's uneven for "normal" difficulty-mode. I won't think about the more difficult settings - but i guess then it's NOT doable. I'm at a point where the waves come from 3 red portals, up to 2 red portals are quite doable for experienced players but not this. In image all 3 red portals are at the right of my base
I get the bonus for all killed enemies every time - but i can not care for the gargoyles destroying my environment while dwarves fight the other enemies that are in reach, the only way is to shape their path a little so they come down and in reach of my dwarves. You can see the stone-wall cover above where the cages are- it's symetric on both sides mirrored at stockpile-line- it's not a roof but leads gargoyles to come down in reach of my dwarves- else they would destroy the towers.

The damage on breaking roof/walls/destroying towers is too high compared to the health-damage they can make. Gargoyles not treathening dwarves lifes but only their buildings.

Also doors should hold them gargoyles back until door destroyed. Why do they have these ball-and-chain-things if not to destroy doors? They simply break anything useless - bother fighting towers that will kill them eventually instead of opening doors or damaging my dwarves?
Some of them could have bow & arrows-  but then i want to craft "wings for my dwarves" too - instead of some backpack :D - Plenty of feathers (because of new farm) & resin i have...

Where now cages next to spikes i had steel doors previously.. no effect.
If they can fly through open doors then they should directly go for the dwarves if they "hide" inside the base and enter the base where's propably no sunlight...
In the image you see them gargoyles attacking that stone-wall-piece which is shaped like small letter "r" - while my dwarves are right below, ready to fight...

i wish it would not just give a rain/snow-spell but also some "sunshine-spell"  - so i can change the weather only for a minute to my favour,  in desert to stop tornados, in hills & frost-world to stop rain & snow and during the night to burn the undead all at once/ turn gargoyles to stones so can quickly collect them somehow... or any other possibility to fight them while my dwarves are still busy killing the other undead on the ground.
Perhaps my summoned imps could -not fight but- distract them for a while? Surround the gargoyles so these try to hunt the imps first

If there's no special air-defense in the game but there are air-assaults, it simply kills the fun since one can't do anything except to exaggerate also a little bit then.

Including bug-using: it's in this version still possible (at least in manual control-mode) to place arrow towers simply somewhere in the air to drop them onto any item below

Crafting and placing a roof is obsolete now - as building a base up-ground -except behind 12 blocks of stone. Then the stockpile is so far away from the exit i have to use the portal spell just to go to my front-yard.  The open-stockpile and base below-approach with some overdimensional defense on top seems the only way to deal with gargoyles succesfully. How shall that work in desert-world...

underground-larvas:
they have some new issue with this version- and don't "wake up" sometimes if dwarves get close enough.

Sometimes duplicate (2 at same position) but this was already in previous game-versions the case.
And if they are surrounded completely with foreground-blocks they are not a challenge at all. Suggest to modify "larva-placing-routine" on map-creation to prefer positions nearby open foreground-blocks so they can instantly move to another position. Also theirs "activation-radius" could be game-difficulty-depending, then the current  distance (2 blocks away) were easy, 1 were very easy, 3 could be normal then, instantly activate when discovered (even by using magic light!) were the nightmare-setting...

- no recipe-drops for chitin-armor in sandbox, i would like to have a look at the new armor pieces :(

At the moment i feel pretty much done with the game as is. Playing the official relase would mean to have those stupid hunters again and no farms at all - but this beta is only playable until a certain point- it has to be balanced somehow.

The new features (farm, trapcages & gargoyles) are "too strong" - overpowered  , the trap- cages & farms bring infinite income once they are placed (suggestions therefor see my posts above) and it's nearly impossible to keep the gargoyles from destroying something

if interested in the savegame (wave just over, have to wait "a few minutes" & speed up, check other stuff),
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10061327/slot6.zip.html

i skill my dwarves each only once so any skill-point above 10 they earned themselves.

Hunting is bugged as described above, test left & right from the base where i collect rain, hunt snails and farm leaves to hunt multiple snails at once.. Not every time but i think if another dwarf with high-class ranged weapon already killed the snail.

Also now the boars: pretty useless because of the farm. Don't need to hunt these - they don't drop anything that i can't get elsewhere, are a risk for dwarves health- why should i hunt them?
Hunting in general becomes an obsolete skill if farming to early in campaign i think.

Except: remove leather from the sheeps droppings - so boars are the only source for leather here. Same then to similar creatures of other worlds 

ressources: somehow it seems changed, a lot of the change already because no more "goblin-presents"
gold/silver adjustment is quite ok, now i'm in hassle for gold - seems i can find more mithril than gold now but as you can see i instantly start to go straight down as fast as possible to have access to all layers & their special ressources. Coal-layer of course i make the most use of.

« Last Edit: 29 December 2014, 16:16:22 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2014, 14:52:45 »
had some small input overnight:
let BOARS & similar go into trap-cage (only kill possible then, no catch) but boar will DAMAGE TRAP-CAGE and finally destroy it after a while if not taken care of - cage might drop part of the ressource used to craft it, and also remove leather-droppings from sheep & similar + raise production-cost of skin shirt like "skin-1,skin-2,skin-3,rope-4,skin-5,rope-6, iron-8" and make leather helmet & boots be crafted as single items only.

and lava still clickeable! I can't let my dwarves dig it- can i?

+ new archers issue: all my elevator-shafts are laddered so i can't tell the reason but if archer in elevator fights the arrows just stop in the elevator-cabins floor - or it's the ladders that hold the arrows? Not possible to fight for archers here - just a waste of arrows

+ i think farm fence should only be possible to build on dirt?
« Last Edit: 30 December 2014, 04:34:18 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2015, 00:05:38 »
there was an update, now we have 1.004b with some new animation-glitches

Still hunters that infinite keep on killing a snail that another dwarf already killed.

dwarves very often move around 10 times repeatedly left-right -
chicken also have some animation-glitch when they turn to move into another direction, flickering behind the farm fance
chicken & dwarves have issues when using/climbing scaffolding on/in water - also on ladder pieces that are partial under water

the wiggeling left-right becomes worse the more dwarves (tunnels?pathways?) one has.
At 11 dwarves the game becomes unplayable.

+ i bought some trapcage at Grunts shop. For 1 coin i got 5 cages. That's to cheap!
Also farm-equipment & trapcages should require workbench to craft.

« Last Edit: 02 January 2015, 23:32:40 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2015, 15:58:51 »
v.1.0.004:

please developers fix the annoying infinite moving left-right (occurs repeatedly at all dwarves for minutes!).

It starts to happen around level 7/8 for the first time - it does not behave in the beginning this way - and it get's worse and worse - can not enjoy playing this. Screenshots won't show this and i don't know how to record this on a video - but it's like those japanese cartoons where the kids get epilepsy from.

+ another glitch:

i found some kitchen-stove in some tomb which was standing on a logbridge. Because not possible to remove stove in manual control mode i simply removed logbridge so it dropped and other dwarves collected the stove.
i gave order to cook some food- one of the dwarves went to the place where the stove was and prepared a few meals without a stove there...

+ if replacing foreground below farm-fence animals drop in the block while changing. If no more blocks below this replaced block, animal falls through, unable to get back up into their fenced area. Also happens if placing farm-fence onto stone-bridge and adding farm-fence left or right of the first fence. (neighbouring) bridges change layout automatic to pillars, dropping all on top of it- except the farm-fence.

+also farm: chickens & similar should give a little less feathers but more eggs definetely. I have more feathers then i can use to make arrows- else the arrows will exceed 999 but after hours or even days i only got 6 eggs. I'm not even sure that these eggs are from the farm,

Edit: and once more begging please fix this wiggeling-issue before releasing v 1.0.005

for the hunters infinite firing arrows or fighting the void:
 i observed it happen if hunting snails only: If a snail marked to attack vanishes before the hunter reaches the position (either collateral-death if another dwarf with ranged weapon killed it already or if the snail just vanishes - like it spawned out of nothing).
 If snail not there any more the hunter still fighting the position it was last seen. So if some creature was marked to attack, the attacking-order should be deleted too if that creature gets - however- taken out of the scene
« Last Edit: 08 January 2015, 18:12:09 by ReneMiner »

Iquos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 January 2015, 15:23:06 »
v.1.0.004:

please developers fix the annoying infinite moving left-right (occurs repeatedly at all dwarves for minutes!).

It starts to happen around level 7/8 for the first time - it does not behave in the beginning this way - and it get's worse and worse - can not enjoy playing this. Screenshots won't show this and i don't know how to record this on a video - but it's like those japanese cartoons where the kids get epilepsy from.

Make at least screenshot of districts where it occurs.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2015, 18:30:08 »
Did not take long to get a series of screenshots ;)

List of screenshots - please check them in my steam-profile, i don't want to link 29 screenshots to this post:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121851326/screenshots/?appid=248390

-there's a series, dwarf green shirt, grey hat on top of scaffolding above an underground-lake
-another series dwarf with red hat near the ocean-border
- and a third, showing only one dwarf, so its obvious which one...

i took all these screenshots of wiggeling dwarves within 2 minutes after entering the game - and i wonder why i this time just got single dwarves doing it and not half of them ;) ... so you can imagine how often this happens in one hour of gaming-time. A big part of the used up foods energy they just put in moving left-right or up-down.
Very annyoing if they do it at the portal-spell- they go through and back and kill all the portal-time within maybe 5 seconds...

It's not that it only happens underground- it happens anywhere at all positions of the map- even in water (very dangerous to leave dwarves unattended if having no diving-helmets yet...)

And as mentioned, it's not that way from the beginning -

sometimes placing - even a useless - scaffold near wiggeling dwarves make them stop.  Appears it makes them recalculate path succesful sometimes.

Also if i give task to place foreground-block near them or if another dwarf digs away the background-block at the wiggeling dwarves position or diging the foreground-block/ removing scaffold where the wiggeling one stands on to get them going.
I also observed a dwarf near the main-stockpile stopped the wiggeling when i made some path acesseable: it was some tesla that killed a ghost abvoe my roof and there was laying the web-drop of the ghost on the roof. When i placed some scaffoldings to get onto the roof at all, the wiggeling dwarf instantly stopped it and just went normal up onto the roof to get the web.

Suspicion: items that lay around and are unreacheable for dwarves make them somehow like "i can not decide if i should try...",
 the more items lay around unreacheable (accidently buried resources etc.) the worse it becomes probably. But could also be caused by placing some path-influenciing item (suspicion: scaffolding, elevator) since it behaves not this way in the beginning of the game.

Currently my game suffers another bug: the sheeps don't grow wool. It's the first time (maybe game number 10 or 12 with this version) it occurs and it's in the savegame embedded somehow- so no wild sheep nor the ones in my farm grow any wool. Strangely it occurs together with non-growing-grass. If want to cut wool in farm it simply says already done- but i never did.

Non-growing grass- (had this already very often in previous game versions - will happen in 1 of 20 games perhaps)  if placing new dirt on surface after a few seconds the surface becomes a grassy border usually. Sometimes there are games (so it continues within the same savegame in different sessions) where the grass does not grow and if just exit and re-enter the grass will appear.

Perhaps i try the challenge to play a new game without any scaffolding & elevators to find out. Currently i have to buy wool and have useless sheep in my farm  - a good reason to abandon this savegame

+ yesterday i saw in my game how 1 workbench became 2 workbenches (happens only once in 1000 hours i guess):

I casted summon imps and did some renovations also, so removed a workbench. One dwarf went there, removed workbench, it was laying there as small resource. Then another dwarf and one of the imps at the same time - both picked the workbench-resource up and brought them to the stockpile. Now i had 2 workbenches...
« Last Edit: 10 January 2015, 21:32:28 by ReneMiner »

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2015, 06:40:15 »
thank you for fixing that wiggeling issue - now i like to play again :)

I have another small glitch to report, concerning replacing front-blocks adjacent below additional stockpile
 (already in the game for a long time but i always forgot it)- today i made screenshots:

i want to have soft dirt in that whole row - except the 3 blocks below the stockpile.
So i replace that sand-earth -front-blocks with stones and thereafter with dirt.

when replacing the stones left or right from the blocks this additional stockpile is placed on with dirt the foreground-blocks below stockpile become all dirt too:

definetely still in the game: infinite combat animation incl. useless firing arrows into the void when snails to hunt disappear before the hunter arrives at the snail.