Author Topic: Grunts Shop- calculator!  (Read 8498 times)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Grunts Shop- calculator!
« on: 09 January 2015, 16:25:12 »
I'm somewhat of a spare-time-programmer and hobbyist and if i'm not playing CraftTheWorld then i use the computer to code.

Currently the game (infinite wiggeling dwarves) is somewhat unplayeable so i had some time to write a script.
My preferred scripting language is thinBasic and i used it to write some calculator for the prices in Grunts shop, so the prices he demands are reasoneable and cover the cost for each sold product in any case.

It's supposed to be a help in balancing prices - not as a cheat-editor for the players - and it will only allow to alter values for shop_cost & shop_count on resources. On recipes there can be changed craft_need (f.e."workbench") and produce-count since this will divide the resouce-cost and make some big number of the price.

The crafting-stations (workbench, kitchen etc.) can have a  usage-fee that will be added to the production-cost
Additional i added some technology-toll, so products that require higher technology are more expensive even if used same resources as some other low-tech-products then.

So resource-price, crafting-costs and technology-toll will make the netto-price (wholesale-price, the price Grunt will pay for this stuff).

Onto this price, Grunt can add some percentage profit for himself and some sales tax can be added also.
The program will list all prices at current conditions and tell the differences to the actual in-game-prices.

Station-usage-fees, technology-toll, profit & tax i've set to start out with the best testing-defaults but you may alter these and your settings will be kept in the programs .ini-data
It can save data, but it's not the intention - so it will not overwrite any existing data.

For more information & download check this post in thinBasic-forum and readme.txt inside attached zip-file at this post.

something to add: the usage-fees for crafting-stations should be higher for smithy & workshop, i think 0.60 for smithy & 0.80 for workshop so stone-bridge-price is adequate to wooden-bridges price

« Last Edit: 09 January 2015, 18:30:04 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: Grunts Shop- calculator!
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2015, 06:09:36 »
however none replied for this yet... i did some "homework" and changed shop-prices for v 1.0.004 to have them reasoneable. I uploaded the modified data in thinBasic-forum as calculated using my script- a few (statues) are a little overprized - but i left them at the original price (10 coins) - so they all cost the same, else the one with the sword would cost 12 and the others like 8 or something.

magic items and potions became very expensive...mithril-armor is about 60 coins - and that's a bargain! - calculator told me to set it on 62...

to save the clay-price and also other clay-products i drastically lowered amount of clay produced from 1 dirt + 1 water from 5 items to 2 -
and into the other direction, the baseprice for wheat at the shop lowered from 3 items for 1 coin to 10 items to keep flour-products affordeable. Also i raised prices for crystals from 3 to 4

I disguised it in tB-forum as data to test the script-  but you might use the game to check out my calculated prices also.
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Slauq

• Developer
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2015, 11:55:25 »
It's nice job, I think devs can use it.
There is some mistaken prices in the shop, this is true.

yariel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2015, 20:18:16 »
@ReneMiner ...
can you make the shop buy something from player ?

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2015, 03:37:43 »
no i'm sorry - i can not do this.

but i'm certain the developers will think about some way to implement some possibility for you to get a few coins for some products that Grunt would buy from you.

yariel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2015, 19:21:51 »
Hmm, I wonder if the egg can hatch ...
I'd rather prefer it hatch to dragon ...
after all, Dragon can drop good equipment, and one time even drop Mithril Helm to me ...
tough sometimes it might be better to sell if we really need to buy something else ...

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: Grunts Shop calculator
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2015, 15:42:26 »
if you look to the left it says september is when the shop will be updated

to the left? where? please give me a link. I know two different appearances of this forum is there a third?

yariel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2015, 21:09:50 »
now even dragon drop few coins ... (3 piece I guess ?)
so selling the egg is not preferable ...

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2015, 16:21:31 »
No to get the other Shop-thread to far off-topic:

As long-time-player with a lot of XP in this game my suggest were to go from a little higher prices for the base-resources (natural resources, ores etc. that can not be crafted usually- exception coal here) - so there's a wider range from the cheapest dirt to the valuable crystals & mithril and the final products made of them.

Also there could be more random coin-drops from almost any enemy - and there were nothing to say if prices were really high then if we get presented enough "sources" for money.

there are 3 items i would REMOVE FROM SHOP: all STATUES
(not only to avoid having to find reasoneable prices for them)

for a complete list (screenshots in my steam-profile):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121851326/screenshots/?appid=248390

i changed few recipes for some reasons:

steel: produce="steel"

bread: produce="bread=4"
soup: produce="soup=4"

helm_leather:  produce="helm_leather"
leather_boots: produce="leather_boots"

shirt_skin: ingredients="skin-1,skin-2,skin-3,rope-4,iron-5,rope-6"

fabric: ingredients="wool-1,paint-2,wool-3,water-5"

beer: ingredients="water-2,wheat-4,wheat-5,wheat-6,barrel-8"

barrel: craft_need="workbench"

bookshelf: craft_need="workbench"
window: craft_need="workbench"
window_stained_2:  craft_need="workshop"
window_stained_4:  craft_need="workshop"
window_stained_1:  craft_need="smithy"
stained_window_1:   craft_need="workshop"
bow_wooden:   craft_need=""
elevator: craft_need="smithy"

lower all comfort that is currently higher than 0.8 by 0.2
lower all comfort that is currently higher than 0.3 by 0.1
(except the decorative shield that uses a sword to craft so the price is reasoneable)

totem:
to achieve a higher price i'd consider to use other ingredients as some crystals, quartz etc. to craft it, also requirement workshop were adequate

Perhaps the 999-limit should not apply to coins,
money could be removed from display in inventory and instantly go to the players "pouch" in the upper left of the screen when it reaches the stockpile.
- or do you want to have money crafteable or as an ingredient in future?
« Last Edit: 04 March 2015, 17:59:39 by ReneMiner »