Author Topic: gargoyles...  (Read 1589 times)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
gargoyles...
« on: 24 February 2015, 15:31:32 »
Since the gargoyles were introduced i'd say a lot of players have quit the game because of them.

The problem starts when red portals open on both sides of the players base because the dwarves can fight on one side only and the portals spawn for almost the whole night so there's not enough time to fight all enemies but the worst is:
- the gargoyles that come from the red portal on the left will destroy everything left of my base while my dwarves defend the right side.
Lowering the gargoyles count or making them weaker is no solution but perhaps the initial AI for the gargoyles from red portals can be be influenced by the players behaviour:

•If no dwarves ready to battle on surface:

(doors closed/no path for gargoyles to reach any dwarves)
then they would go to break walls and for destroying defenses as now.

•If dwarves are on the surface/ready to battle:

> when dwarves between base & gargoyle, the gargoyle would go to the base and for the dwarves as now.
The gargoyles that become stones during fight/attack would still change into small statuettes.

> when gargoyle spawn between dwarves and base simply take the shorter way and attack the first target.

> when base between dwarves and gargoyle, the gargoyle should fly away from the base and search for a free spot where to sit down and to become stone on purpose.
But not become the small spawners when gargoyle is sitting!
Should more look like the one from recipe "gargoyle2" (crafteable item) that has to be mined as the tombstones, but a "little more" durability - might need 1 whole day to mine the gargoyle-staue with a stone-knife - and when mined drop the spawner.  Of course the statue would come alive each night until it has been mined away.
 Block below should be locked then - or statue get a property = "can_fall"
Perhaps the gargoyles could place themselves some bone- or stone-bridge to sit on if no free spot available
 or destroy trees/bushes to make some space where to sit down -
they are good in destroying things and should have no problem to remove some tree...

So imagine what it will look like if 3 flocks of 5 gargoyles become statues... the dwarves probably still have to recover from the wave but there are 15 statues to destroy which will need each 1/15 of the day with premium-tools to remove

« Last Edit: 26 February 2015, 16:41:06 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: gargoyles...
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2015, 16:29:43 »
Ok, we will fix the gargoyles behavior.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2015, 00:46:06 »
just wanted to say: you solved this very good :)
« Last Edit: 25 April 2015, 14:28:13 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2015, 11:27:49 »
Thank you! ;D