Author Topic: additional world ideas  (Read 1541 times)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
additional world ideas
« on: 18 March 2015, 16:23:10 »
The 4th world is already in progress and as fas as i know it will be a fantasy/dungeon-world.

I think some of you had the idea already to

have a jungle-world or rainforest theme?

Somewhat similar to desert-world there could be either pyramids of aztecs/inca or far south eastern "angkor vat"-alike sunken temple-ruins.
-  i'd prefer the aztec/inca-theme simply because of the block-architecture.

The aztec warriors (undead, skeletons, mummy-replacement) in the ruins could wear some stylish helmets, necklaces or bracelets (golden weapons & breastplates for the bosses/highpriests?  ;D )   

There could be special jungle-flora that will also block the path so no dwarv can pass by, would not need a backwall to grow on but some surface block below and needs as long as a tree to log - depending on used tool. Jungle-flora could be a mixture of tree & bushes, more than 1 block height.

some sort of tiger or jaguar could replace the boars and be more dangerous
ducks could be replacement for the chickens (ducks love eating snails...)
instead of sheep there could be some mouflon-alike creature (Муфлон) as source fo wool- or the lamas from desert could repeat here.

replacement for tornados would be hurricanes/typhoons,
coming with a heavy load of rain and the new effect of swamp- (mud) instead of lakes/water on surface
a mixture from a few units of water + dirt which can not be mined but have to be dried out. (collect mud with buckets!)
craft a filter-station to gain clean water from mud 
surface-dirt can get wet from rain and change to mud (erosion/эро́зия)
swamp/mud does not drain like water if no stone-frontwall below, stays there forever until collected.
if block below swamp/mud gets mined the mud would behave as water does and fill the area below.
dwarves could sink in, get stuck,
slow down-effect depending on mud-depth:
 1  depth slows down
 2 depth slows down more - with a fully loaded backpack would barely make 1 pixel per second
 3, 4 depth makes dwarf stuck  (will smaller dwarves drown at 4 depth already?...)
 5 and more depth- dwarves will get stuck and drown if no diving helmet

stuck dwarves will need help from other dwarves and the mud has to be collected until the comrade is freed and can move again.

Undead (skeletons etc.) would use bone-bridges to cross swamp-blocks and of course remove jungle-bushes blocking the way with their swords

...not a request, just ideas ;)
« Last Edit: 19 March 2015, 00:24:36 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: additional world ideas
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2015, 13:32:59 »
another world-idea, not as complete as the above,

volcano-island

just a direction what i imagine:

very hard surface-dirt, no soft-earth-layer above the yellow layer. Perhaps a few more vertical gaps and shafts near surface

small, fast growing bushes, minimal wood
some chickens or ducks
seals/walrus-alike creatures as a source for leather/boar-replacement
sheeps or goats

background-image showing (animated?) volcano a few miles away.
every once in a while the earth starts shaking ( not within the first 20 minutes so player can cover the stockpile)
then volcano in background errupts, giving the island some "lava-bomb-rain" burning the flora and injuring creatures, also it woud get a little darker, sky becomes flaming red perhaps

also ash-storms could happen (independend of the eruptions) = no sight outside.
ashes could cover the earth (as snow does) and replace surface-sand
ashes would be the terrain for the bushes to grow on, not the volcanic dirt.

lava-bombs effect on the surface:

water evaporates 1 unit with every bomb

bushes will burn as first, it needs another bomb to hit the groud below then

ashes will dust (no sight) and finally settle as snow does

stones/walls stay uneffected - bombs could carom and hit elsewhere or just splash-dust.

any dirt-blocks will become hot on impact but cool down after a while and change to some volcanic dirt finally. (may hold random stone, iron & coal)
the more bombs hit the same dirt-block the more hot it would become until its deadly fluid, lava - but cools down eventually.

lava - swallows the bombs (=keep temperature high)

Shocking scenario already...
i don't think there's a shop that's always available - (maybe on demand?),
perhaps some orkish pirates cold camp there once in a while... 
« Last Edit: 23 March 2015, 13:53:54 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2015, 14:22:26 »
About jungle-world or rainforest theme.
We thought about different, more fantastic world, full of elves and other fantasy creatures.
The world's map is more extended upwards, and thats all our ideas and thoughts about it.
Also, have to say, that this setting is only idea, so I can't tell you that the next world will be definitely in these setting.

Paladeus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2015, 03:26:05 »
Hidy hidy,

I'd honestly love to see a sort of puzzle type of world where the goal is to find your way out with a sort of mobile stockpile you have to defend/build your path in such a way that it could follow (either on the backs of mules or grunt goblins or something.)

It'd also be kind of nice to have a war-world/map (think tower defense.) Something where you have, perhaps elves or some game-lore version of eternal enemies, come in as waves and the goal is to survive as long as you can, building up your personal defense. Maybe some powerful, magical item that grants prosperity, or just something important to the dwarves, or even where you could build up an army (and defenses, of course) to try and take the fight to them.

Adieu,

Paladeus

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2015, 12:14:35 »
It'd also be kind of nice to have a war-world/map (think tower defense.) Something where you have, perhaps elves or some game-lore version of eternal enemies, come in as waves and the goal is to survive as long as you can, building up your personal defense. Maybe some powerful, magical item that grants prosperity, or just something important to the dwarves, or even where you could build up an army (and defenses, of course) to try and take the fight to them.

Interesting idea, thanks :)
« Last Edit: 06 April 2015, 12:31:47 by Annieway »