Author Topic: Beta-test of the 4th world  (Read 15078 times)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
Re: Beta-test of the 4th world
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2015, 17:44:07 »
1.1.002b - did not test immediately when it came out but now i saw at first sight: map-generation, (first world, large, sandbox-mode, normal)

Sand is missing and no loose stone-heaps at surface - just the mountains and below the lakes are stone - everything else is homogenous dirt.

EDIT:
Also no wheat!

Went through all 4 worlds now: Stones nowhere at surface
1st world: all dirt
2nd world: all snow
3rd world: all loose sand except oasis
4th world: all dirt (please give it another color-tone - more like brownish-purple... RGB(96,62,96) )
« Last Edit: 23 April 2015, 17:58:52 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2015, 18:04:25 »
1.1.002b - did not test immediately when it came out but now i saw at first sight: map-generation, (first world, large, sandbox-mode, normal)

Sand is missing and no loose stone-heaps at surface - just the mountains and below the lakes are stone - everything else is homogenous dirt.

EDIT:
Also no wheat!

Went through all 4 worlds now: Stones nowhere at surface
1st world: all dirt
2nd world: all snow
3rd world: all loose sand except oasis
4th world: all dirt (please give it another color-tone - more like brownish-purple... RGB(96,62,96) )

Please, update the game now. We've got hot hot fix speacial for you

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2015, 19:40:53 »
thank you :) - already started to get withdrawal-effects

NEW BUG (minor glitch)

casting portal-spell at position where is wheat growing - wheat disappears at this position
« Last Edit: 23 April 2015, 19:58:06 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

ehyder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2015, 19:55:51 »
No mac hotfix that I see.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2015, 22:36:54 »
my savegame keeps on crashing to desktop :(

I tried already disabling the systems pagefile (did help in previous versions) but no success.

Crash within 5 seconds after starting the game.

Edit: (attachement removed)
« Last Edit: 24 April 2015, 15:59:21 by ReneMiner »

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 April 2015, 12:41:09 »
my savegame keeps on crashing to desktop :(

I tried already disabling the systems pagefile (did help in previous versions) but no success.

Crash within 5 seconds after starting the game.

attachement:

Already fix this problem.

About Mac, the fix is not ready yet.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 April 2015, 15:58:48 »
ok, guess i can remove the 500kB-attachement above then.

Something else about properties of "pistol", "rifle" and "heavy_rifle" where I wonder about:

I was studying \data a little while waiting for next fix to plan how to deal with those multi-line-statements inside xml-files for a possible plugin-editor and i saw "accuracy" is highest at the weakest weapon ( pistol 0.8 ) but lowest at the best weapon. ( heavy_rifle 0.5 ) (craft_resources.xml)

Does it mean that accuracy-value is the chance to miss the target (misleading name) or are the more powerful weapons less accurate? 

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 April 2015, 16:33:51 »
ok, guess i can remove the 500kB-attachement above then.

Something else about properties of "pistol", "rifle" and "heavy_rifle" where I wonder about:

I was studying \data a little while waiting for next fix to plan how to deal with those multi-line-statements inside xml-files for a possible plugin-editor and i saw "accuracy" is highest at the weakest weapon ( pistol 0.8 ) but lowest at the best weapon. ( heavy_rifle 0.5 ) (craft_resources.xml)

Does it mean that accuracy-value is the chance to miss the target (misleading name) or are the more powerful weapons less accurate?
Yes, it means that more powerful weapons are less accurate.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 April 2015, 16:46:37 »
damn, then my translation for the heavy rifle was wrong. I made a sniper-thing out of it for the germans.

Also i have corrected typos and changed the title of the pennants to from "Schwarz-Weisses Banner" to  "Banner" only (color not matters for a long time already)

Hope not to late.

attachement goes to \Lang\German\data\Local

wetware05

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 April 2015, 16:52:40 »
Hi

I still think that this level is too complicated. There is almost no water (the "islands" top prevent hardly get water directly below, there be ingenious to make up channels to make water fall in a pond prepared below.) Or wood, or rocks (necessary one and others to build roofs and resistant soils, where all matter becomes sand. A large majority of resources, of which there is little, lost buried.)

On the other hand looks like a sequel to "Craft the world", so different that's the whole concept (the world's largest vertical and not in the horizontal, the programmed attacks are more acceptable, the concept of giant demon turns matter into sand). Anyway the generosity of the game designers for this special level is appreciated.

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 April 2015, 17:22:49 »
Hi

I still think that this level is too complicated. There is almost no water (the "islands" top prevent hardly get water directly below, there be ingenious to make up channels to make water fall in a pond prepared below.) Or wood, or rocks (necessary one and others to build roofs and resistant soils, where all matter becomes sand. A large majority of resources, of which there is little, lost buried.)

On the other hand looks like a sequel to "Craft the world", so different that's the whole concept (the world's largest vertical and not in the horizontal, the programmed attacks are more acceptable, the concept of giant demon turns matter into sand). Anyway the generosity of the game designers for this special level is appreciated.
Thank you! We will think about the difficulty of this level.

wetware05

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 April 2015, 21:10:46 »
Hi.

Well, the end was not so hard !, had to kill only one devil; there were the five pieces of the portal. On that side is easy. Bug: Ask mission collect some skeletons, but at this level there are no skeletons. It would be interesting once it has opened the portal, which gives you the option to end the new disposiitivo of time for which the giant devil appears (has taken him very angry and want to destroy it!)

Perhaps as a way of facilitating level, the "forest" spell should have before being able to at least get wood quickly.

You may also parts of the portal should be in the villages of enemies that are underground.

ehyder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 April 2015, 22:04:49 »
I think the difficulty is pretty reasonable. It is a definitely harder at the beginning because of the wood and chitin (especially) collection, and takes a lot more time to work through the Tech Tree. I found water collection not to be too bad. In fact in my first game, with normal weather, I had more trouble not being able to clear out the accumulated water since I had no buckets. In my next attempt I used rare weather, and while water collection has been more challenging it is doable. I do agree that 'normal' difficulty on this world, like the desert world, is much more difficult than the forest world.

It may be that you want to change the definition of 'normal.' Is 'normal' difficulty supposed to be the same across worlds - I think a lot of folks might expect this - or should you be more clear that normal difficulty ramps up by world, even in custom mode? This second definition of 'normal' in difficulty progression makes sense in campaign, I am less sure about using 'normal' that way in custom mode.

ehyder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 April 2015, 22:06:31 »
Cross post from Steam -- A cave beast dropped into my shelter and decided to fly around: flying cave beast. It may be hard to see how strange this looks from the picture. What happens is that the beast flies west until it reaches the wall, turns around and runs to the east as far as it can go, turns around and flies west. Repeat.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 April 2015, 23:00:45 »
It may be that you want to change the definition of 'normal.' Is 'normal' difficulty supposed to be the same across worlds - I think a lot of folks might expect this - or should you be more clear that normal difficulty ramps up by world, even in custom mode? This second definition of 'normal' in difficulty progression makes sense in campaign, I am less sure about using 'normal' that way in custom mode.
I think it's only possible to select difficulty in custom mode. If it's difficult in campaign then its the campaign itself and it's ok since it increases with each level.

But if you select a custom game then difficulty should mean what it says.
And "Normal" to me means, challenging, take care for your steps - not too casual but neither getting frustrated.
If i want to see my dwarves blooding i select "Nightmare".
« Last Edit: 24 April 2015, 23:59:55 by ReneMiner »