Author Topic: So. . .  (Read 3227 times)

Vagabond

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
So. . .
« on: 29 April 2015, 14:35:08 »
Hello!

New to the forum. I kinda skipped introduction and went to the suggestion thread first; mostly because I can't help but to pick apart games and think about how they could be. Not to say that you've not already got an awesome game.

In fact, I can confidently say that of all the side-scrolling block games (Dig-or-Die, Terraria, Starbound, ect), Craft the World is the best one out there.

I can't help but wonder if you will enter the wonderful world 3D? Paradox tried it with A Game of Dwarves. Sadly, they seemed to have simply got it out, stable, and made money with dlc before simply dropping the project when it could have been a much more amazing game.

I love the perspective/camera control of that game, they could have done much more. I'd put money on this studio doing a much better job then they managed, though. . . I imagine the guys actually working on it (Zeal Game Studio, was it?) would have done more if their publisher allowed...

At any rate, I'm rambling. I'm really appreciative of all the work you've put into CtW. Well done. I can't wait to see what you all come up with next. It is sure to be a fun ride!

Cheers,
Michael

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: So. . .
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2015, 15:40:54 »
Thank you for your feedback.
If I understand you correctly, the question is - can we transform the game in 3D?

Vagabond

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2015, 01:53:20 »
Anniway,

Not really asking for the current iteration of CtW to be converted to 3D. Just wondering if a 3D game similar to Craft the World (or Paradox' Game of Dwarves) is something you guys thought about doing.

Being a fan of the genre I wait every year for the proverbial "Dwarf Fortress in 3D" to release.

For some reason Dwarves just fit the bill much better than humans or other critters do. Something satisfying about leading a dwarven clan as they try to establish a stronghold against the world.

Craft the World reminds me a lot of one of my favorite games of all time; Diggles: Myth of Fenris. It is a true, practically bugless modernization of that title. Thus, CtW has become one of my favorites.

Cheers,
Michael

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2015, 15:36:40 »
Anniway,

Not really asking for the current iteration of CtW to be converted to 3D. Just wondering if a 3D game similar to Craft the World (or Paradox' Game of Dwarves) is something you guys thought about doing.

Being a fan of the genre I wait every year for the proverbial "Dwarf Fortress in 3D" to release.

For some reason Dwarves just fit the bill much better than humans or other critters do. Something satisfying about leading a dwarven clan as they try to establish a stronghold against the world.

Craft the World reminds me a lot of one of my favorite games of all time; Diggles: Myth of Fenris. It is a true, practically bugless modernization of that title. Thus, CtW has become one of my favorites.

Cheers,
Michael
Thank you, happy that you like our game.