Author Topic: Modding, Question.  (Read 6587 times)

WyvernX3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Modding, Question.
« on: 29 May 2015, 23:16:39 »
Hi there,

i want to ask what "scrollskillporpotion" ? means in "wolrd.xml"

and Question 2 -
i heard you cannot aquire all Recipes in Sandbox custom game is that true ?
if yes is it possible to edit,mod somehow ?

Annieway

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Modding, Question.
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2015, 12:31:43 »
Hi there,

i want to ask what "scrollskillporpotion" ? means in "wolrd.xml"

and Question 2 -
Hi, we don't support users in modding our game.

WyvernX3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2015, 23:10:02 »
Ah, Ok then :)

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2015, 14:37:31 »
Hi there,

I'd say in sandbox custom game you can craft anything that you can craft in campaign in the particular world.
For example ice-spikes can be crafted in Frostworld only, Firearms and ammunition for these are crafteable/for sale at shop in Takmakland only etc.

What resources are available in which world gets set in "resource_bind.xml".
I would not recommend to edit this file because it can lead to weird behaviour if the parameters in this file do not fit the tech-tree-structure.

It would not make any sense to enable for example firearms in 1st world since you can not make gunpowder without any sulfur - except you add some recipe to craft money so you would be able to buy it:

Code: [Select]
<recipe name="money" produce="money=10" group="3" ingredients="iron-1,gold-2,iron-3,coal-4,silver-5,coal-6" craft_need="smithy" />
insert before "</root>" at the very end of "recipes.xml" - so you will be able to craft this in Sandbox-games.
For campaign-games it would be necessary to add the money-recipe below a technology in
default_techtree.csv as for example
Code: [Select]
...;<;basic_processing,glass,clay,empty_bottle,oil_berries,ice,money>;...
« Last Edit: 02 June 2015, 14:57:28 by ReneMiner »
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

WyvernX3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2015, 21:46:43 »
Yes i already modded Firearms and Sulfur generation in first mod which is super easy and fun :D
but i mean All recipes through the random drops from mining,cutting trees etc.

ReneMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2015, 03:48:30 »
the recipes will drop random in group-order, at first group="1" etc.
Any recipes that's recources are bound to the particular world will drop, except there is some condition ( as for healt_elixir , require="worker-1-dead" )
playing Craft The World on Windows 10, Intel Core i5-3330 @3.0 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia Gforce GT630 2 GB DDR3 @835MHz (+ 2 GB dedicated graphics memory)

WyvernX3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2015, 15:26:11 »
That's pretty interesting :D

NestorZ66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2015, 23:08:44 »
Hey. I'm new to this forum, and I seem to be in the right spot.

Someone over at the Steam Forums suggested I go here and ask you, ReneMiner, a modding related question.

I wonder if there are any way to unlock the firearms in the other levels. Crafting them would be ideal, but considering the amount of parts involved a somewhat larger issue. Perhaps making them available in the shop, along with the special ammo?

As far as I can tell, the weapons are not actually Over Powered against the first three world mobs compared to bow and arrow, so I cannot imagine it becoming too easy because of it.

As a Sidenote, I'd also like to add craftable Chitin armour to all worlds. But as far as I understand it takes is adding the line "chitin_master,helm_hitin,hitin_armor,boots_hitin" somewhere. I just don't know where. The CSV files for the three previous worlds seem very different from underground_techtree or default_techtree.

As for my current modding-skill it is limited to changing coal-production to take 3 logs of wood and 6 dirt to make 3 pieces of coal for easier and more sustainable cooking.

WyvernX3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 June 2015, 19:35:00 »
Hey. I'm new to this forum, and I seem to be in the right spot.

Someone over at the Steam Forums suggested I go here and ask you, ReneMiner, a modding related question.

I wonder if there are any way to unlock the firearms in the other levels. Crafting them would be ideal, but considering the amount of parts involved a somewhat larger issue. Perhaps making them available in the shop, along with the special ammo?

As far as I can tell, the weapons are not actually Over Powered against the first three world mobs compared to bow and arrow, so I cannot imagine it becoming too easy because of it.

As a Sidenote, I'd also like to add craftable Chitin armour to all worlds. But as far as I understand it takes is adding the line "chitin_master,helm_hitin,hitin_armor,boots_hitin" somewhere. I just don't know where. The CSV files for the three previous worlds seem very different from underground_techtree or default_techtree.

As for my current modding-skill it is limited to changing coal-production to take 3 logs of wood and 6 dirt to make 3 pieces of coal for easier and more sustainable cooking.

you need to edit 2 files in main.pak

open file "main.pak" (in rar) go to "Data"
folder and find "resource_bind.xml" (edit in notepad or notepad++)
and find this

<bind res="sulfur" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="gunpowder" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="trunk" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="trigger_mechanism" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="pistol" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="rifle" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="heavy_rifle" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="ammo" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="ammo_steel" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
  <bind res="ammo_fire" usual_desert="false" usual_medium="true" usual_cold="false" underground="true"/>
Note !! if you need this for EVERY world type just replace all the "false" to "true" and add generation of sulfur in "default.xml" see below -
                                                    v

set "true" for your world (usual_desert = Desert) (usual_medium = Forest) (usual_cold = Cold,Winter) - (excluding underground because it have all the weapons). You need to set all the parts to the world to "true" to get every part of weapons and ammo too :D
(as you can see i have the weapons set for the Forest (which is now enabled in Forest world) world so you see "usual_medium" set to "true" by default its "false")

and last thing is "generation" (if you want sulfur generate in that world)
go to your "main.pak" file and open "Levels" folder
andyou need to select what world you want 1= Forest, 2= Cold, 3=Desert, (excluding underground because it have the sulfur already)
but if you need for Custom Game open the "Default.xml" (not the _Default.xml)

and add this red line here --)
<block name="roots" points="70%" count="1" range="0,-15%" dheight="1" maxwidth="0"/>
   <block name="sulfur" points="30%" count="10-15" range="-40%,-99%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>
      <block name="iron" points="31%" count="10-19" range="-5%,-43%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>
      <block name="coal" points="32%" count="11-23" range="-5%,-53%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>
      <block name="silver" points="20%" count="10-18" range="-35%,-58%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>
      <block name="gold" points="15%" count="10-18" range="-40%,-76%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>
      <block name="mithril" points="11%" count="10-17" range="-58%,-99%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>
      <block name="diamond" points="14%" count="5-11" range="-73%,-99%" dheight="2" maxwidth="0"/>

If you done start the world that you edited the guns in, and check the shop and you should see weapons and parts for sell also sulfur
but last thing this is for !!!!! Custom game !!!!! (Chitin armor is in all worlds in custom game already)

but if you want this to Campaign mode i can't help because there will be needed of editing a Tech tree which is little harder for now ( there is a tech tree for all 4 worlds and custom game tech tree and i don't know if editing in open office will do good or if it will screw something up maybe in future i can edit it for Campaign but not now)

I hope this is not too long or not understandable :D
and ohh if you want to for campaign or custom game just let me know here i will do it for Campaign too
« Last Edit: 05 June 2015, 20:19:51 by WyvernX3 »

NestorZ66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2015, 04:43:12 »
Thank you, a lot. I would never have figured that out by myself.

It work wonders and allow me to buy the items via the shop in campaign which were the goal. Can't wait to equip all my gunslingers.

I only did the changes to resource_bind and have yet to consider adding the sulfur to the other maps. Having the firearms be somewhat exclusive because they require sulfur to be bought works well, I think.

WyvernX3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2015, 23:55:03 »
Thank you, a lot. I would never have figured that out by myself.

It work wonders and allow me to buy the items via the shop in campaign which were the goal. Can't wait to equip all my gunslingers.

I only did the changes to resource_bind and have yet to consider adding the sulfur to the other maps. Having the firearms be somewhat exclusive because they require sulfur to be bought works well, I think.

I'm glad i helped :D