Author Topic: Dwarves are screwed  (Read 3061 times)

asquirrel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Dwarves are screwed
« on: 23 April 2016, 07:30:05 »
Hi folks.  Not exactly a bug, but I'm in a situation where I can't get my dwarves to sleep in a new spot that's occupied by zombies.  I have new beds and a new totem.  They will go to the old place to sleep and not take the new place.  I can't take the zombies.  I've gone through about 4-6 dwarves so far dead trying to do it.  I think there needs to be a feature to manually allow you to control dwarves to set up a new bed.  I even put up a "beware sign" up and the dwarves ignore it and go to the totem with the zombies.  They won't even take the portal to the surface to escape. 

Other problem is that if I have a totem and tell them to shelter, they go to the shelter that is closest to surface (or one I built first I guess) and won't sleep.  Seeing as I've been turned to fertilizer so many times on the winter level I decided to try and build deep so the monsters won't get me.  Problem is that they will not leave when you are deep down below. 

asquirrel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves are screwed
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2016, 07:33:13 »
And here's a picture of my dwarves "looking for a path" while I'm telling them to kill the baby yeti.  Doing nothing as usual.  I love this game but man, the AI is in need of some serious work.  So frustrating.

Slauq

• Developer
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves are screwed
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2016, 14:22:25 »
Hi, could you attach here this save?