Author Topic: More intelegent use of portals  (Read 1472 times)

puggan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
More intelegent use of portals
« on: 08 May 2016, 15:33:58 »
1. A dwarf has one space left in his backpack, decides to walk past the stockpile to use the portal, to pick up one item and use the portal back.
1a. Why didn't he empty his backpack before taking the portal?

2. Adwarf builds himself a cave, with no exit, so I put a portal there to help him get out, he use the portal to exit. 2 other dwarfs sees the portal, and use it, for no reason.
2a. Why do dwarfs use portals for no reason?
2b. A way to close portal early to prevent unwanted usage, would be nice, at the moment I use the "Don't leave home"-button, to keep them away from the portal.

3. There is a portal to remote location, some dwarfs use it to go kill a bird, when the bird dies, one pick up the loot, and use the portal home, the other just wait, until the portal disapers.
3a. Don't wait so long, go home before the portal disapers, please, without the need to use "Don't leave home"-button.

4. There a workstation besides the stockpile, a dwarf pick up the newly created item, and walk past the stockpile, to go to the other side of the map to pick up some dirt. (No portals, but related to nr 1)
4a. Why walk past the stockpile without empying the backpack?
Sugestion: compare distance too stockpile (maybe also divide with number of items in backpack) to the distance to the next item to pick up, and try to find a good value for when its better to go to the closest stockpile. like: I'm caring 3 items in the backpack, I'm 1 square from a stockpile, and the closest item is 75 squares away. 75 / 1 *3 > X => Decides to go to the stockpile. (maybe add a penalty to the portal-home useage)
« Last Edit: 08 May 2016, 15:59:59 by puggan »

Slauq

• Developer
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: More intelegent use of portals
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2016, 15:22:53 »
Hi, thank you for the suggestions!